I
know – I’ve been slacking on the blogging. I never have been very good at
keeping journals and such so I’m not surprised by my performance as a blogger.
However, I have to say that a crazy work schedule, dicey internet connections
and several weeks of travel have delayed my blog posts. But enough with the
excuses – you are probably wondering what I’ve been up to lately! Here are 5
things that have happened since I last blogged in February:
- I have visited 3 countries including Singapore, Myanmar and India and taken 1,308 pictures. Thanks Mom and Dad for getting me a new camera for Christmas. I’d say it was a good investment!
- Myanmar has entered my list of “favorite places in the world.” I had no idea what to expect but loved visiting Myanmar. I went to Bagan, which I’ll blog about and post some pictures because it was a really great trip and so beautiful. There's a little preview at the bottom of this post...
- March 5 marked the halfway point in the voyage. It’s hard to believe that we are over halfway done already. The time has flown by so quickly and we’ve visited most of our ports of call already. I can feel the pace of the voyage changing as we slow down and prepare once again for long stretches at sea.
- Remember that I’m still in grad school while working on the ship? Yea, sometimes I forget too but I did manage to submit the first draft of my capstone paper last night! Although it’s not the final draft, I feel good knowing that I’ve submitted something and will continue working through early April to complete this final paper. I’m inching slowly towards graduation at the end of May.
- I treated myself to a pedicure on the ship! While getting a pedicure might seem like an everyday event, it’s hard to schedule time for yourself when you’re working 12 hour days and also doing homework until the wee hours of the morning. However, before we arrived in India I decided it was time for a little TLC so I splurged on a pedicure on the ship’s spa.
Over
the next couple days, I’ll be updating my blog with information about my
travels in Vietnam up to India and I hope you enjoy reading my thoughts.
| Beautiful Bagan, Myanmar. |
No comments:
Post a Comment