It’s been just six weeks since I disembarked the M.V. Explorer, Semester at Sea’s ship, and finished the spring voyage and now I’m back again for the summer. I was thinking that it would be a bit weird to be back on the ship but it’s actually quite nice – almost feels like “home” in a way.
I flew to England and arrived on Friday in Southampton, the location for summer faculty/staff orientation. My new co-workers all seem great. It’s wonderful to be in the same space with so many people who are excited about international travel and the great opportunities that Semester at Sea offers; the energy is amazing and I think it’s going to be a fun summer.
After a few days of orientation and meeting my new co-workers, we migrated from our hotel in Southampton to the ship which was docked nearby. I have been placed in a different cabin this summer, so I’ll be coming to you “live” from cabin 4119 for the next few months. I’ve put some pictures of my new cabin below. It is basically the same as
the cabin I had this spring but everything is flipped since I’m on the opposite side of the ship now.
The students embark tomorrow and we set sail around 21:00 tomorrow night. More news about the summer voyage coming soon!
 |
| My cabin for the summer. |
 |
| Another view of my cabin for the summer. |
 |
| I have my own bathroom - yeah! |
 |
| Embarking the M.V. Explorer for the summer voyage. |
No comments:
Post a Comment