 |
| Eating breakfast is paradise, before the rain began! |
After leaving India, we spent 6 days at sea before arriving in Port
Louis, Mauritius, for our one day port-of-call. Mauritius is a small, beautiful
island located off the western coast of Madagascar and serves Semester at Sea
as not only a place for us to stretch our legs but also a good place to refuel
and restock.
Mauritius is a beautiful island with many natural sites to take in and
explore. Unfortunately, about one hour after we arrived it started raining. I’m
not talking a light mist; it rained cats and dogs all day long! The streets
were flooding and the locals said this is the most rain they’ve received in
months!
I’m sorry to say that because of the rain and our very short stay, I
don’t have much to report from Mauritius. I had planned to go to the beach but
decided that wasn’t necessary because I was soaked after just a few minutes
outside. Instead I went to lunch with a few of my fellow staff members from the
ship and did a little shopping. After picking up some snacks, I went back to
the ship to escape the rain.
Mauritius, maybe I’ll try again to see you in your shining glory. Until
then…
 |
| Port Louis, Mauritius |
 |
| Our drumming and dance welcome to Mauritius. |
 |
| Mauritius, former home of the Dodo bird. They are now extinct. |
 |
| Welcome to Mauritius! |
No comments:
Post a Comment