Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Hiking in Hong Kong

Hiking along Dragon's Back.
In Hong Kong, I acted as a trip liaison for the first time on this voyage. Semester at Sea appoints a trip liaison to be the leader of each field program. The trip liaison is a go-between for the student participants and the tour guide, ensuring that the day runs smoothly, and is also in charge should a safety or security situation arise.

I was a bit nervous to be a trip liaison but it turns out, there was no need to worry. I had a wonderful day and a great group of students who made the field program a success.

Twenty-five students and I went hiking on Dragon’s Back in Hong Kong. I love Hong Kong because you can be in one of the most cosmopolitan areas in the world and 30 minutes later, you can be hiking up a mountain surrounded by trees in what seems to be the middle of nowhere. The balance of having both the city life and nature close by is wonderful.


I’m so glad I did this field program. Not only was it great to experience being a trip liaison, the field program was also very relaxing. My time in China was very busy so being able to get back into nature was just what the doctor ordered. Plus, what great views!
Here we go on Dragon's Back Hiking Trail.
Views during our hike.
My lovely hiking group.
View during our hike on Dragon' Back.

No comments:

Post a Comment