As I sit in my hotel room this morning waiting to board the
ship, I am reflecting on my previous international experiences, my studies
at SIT Graduate Institute and my time working at Semester at Sea in Virginia this
fall. Although I feel like I've been planning for this big adventure for
several months I can’t believe today is actually the day when I’ll step onto
the MV Explorer and begin my voyage
around the world.
I am feeling excited, nervous and anxious all at the same
time, more so than with my previous experiences abroad. I think the reason is
that this time I’ll be working instead of just being a student along for the
ride! I know I’ll figure everything out with my work but right now, my stomach
is turning. This will probably not be a good combination with the rocking ship,
so these feelings better subside before the seasickness that’s bound to happen
sets in.
I've received a few requests from readers about sharing this
blog with others and the answer is YES! Please share with friends, family,
co-workers, etc.-anyone who’s interested in travel or in this particular
adventure! I plan to update this blog as much as possible throughout the
voyage. However, I must mention that internet on the ship can be dicey so
updates may have some lag time but if you ever want to know where I happen to
be sailing, you can view the SAS voyage calendar.
Since the ship’s internet is not the best, communications between
the ship and the U.S. can be challenging. If you would like to contact me, the
best ways are by commenting on this blog, on facebook, or through my work email
address: whitney.longnecker.sp14@semesteratsea.org.
Adios from dry land! My next post will be when I’m out
to sea!
No comments:
Post a Comment