I feel like
I’ve been writing a lot of text on my blog lately and let’s be honest here –
you’re busy and don’t want to read paragraph after paragraph about my
adventures in Northern Europe. You want the quick and dirty! So instead of
dolling on about my visit to Norway, I’ve decided to just include pictures with
short captions.
Here’s the
skinny: I was in Bergen and Oslo, Norway – 1 day in Bergen and 2 days in Oslo.
In Bergen, I did a SAS-organized field program which took me on a fjord tour to
Flåm and Aurlandsfjord. In Oslo, I went to the National Gallery to see the
“Scream” painting and other artwork by Edvard Munch. I also toured the Royal
Palace, which is a bit like the White House except with less security. You
could basically walk right up to the front door and everything but knocking was
allowed. The weather was beautiful and not surprisingly, I got sunburnt. (I am
actually quite proud of this because I think it takes great skill to achieve a
sunburn in Scandinavia.)
Enjoy the
pictures from my visit to Norway! After Norway, we sailed on to St. Petersburg,
Russia – more on this country in my upcoming posts!
 |
| Waterfalls seen on the bus ride up to Aurlandsfjord. |
 |
| I took a fjord cruise on Aurlandsfjord. The fjord was beautiful. As you can see, it was a cloudy and rainy day but the weather held for the cruise. |
 |
| Aurlandsfjord, as seen from the boat cruise. |
 |
| Sailing through Aurlandsfjord. |
 |
| Big waterfall on the way back to the ship from Aurlandsfjord. There were many waterfalls seen throughout the day, snow pack melting and running down into the fjords. Yes, there was still snow on the mountains in July. |
 |
| A staple on the Oslo waterfront - the opera house. It's built so you can walk on the roof for a good view of the city and waterfront. |
 |
| View from the top of the Oslo opera house. |
 |
| Oslo opera house. The inside looks a bit like the Sydney opera house. |
 |
| Norway Royal Palace. I took a tour of the inside but wasn't allowed to take pictures. |
 |
| No big deal - just plugging in my boat in Oslo! |
 |
| The world is truly a small place. In the Oslo city hall, I ran into fellow spring voyager Phyllis! We sailed together on the spring voyage and were in Oslo at the same time! Great fun to see Phyllis again. |
No comments:
Post a Comment